People learn and grow in a variety of ways and through a number of sources. While you may enjoy conversation and find most of your insights come directly from meeting with Michael during one-on-one counseling, other folks may find what they need in reading. Either way, we often hear that people benefit more when they visit a counselor and read various related materials along the way.
Here’s a quick list of some of the better reading material we’ve found:
- Get out of the Pit, Beth Moore
- Raising Great Kids, Cloud & Townsend
- Cure for the Common Life, Max Lucado
- God Will Make a Way, Cloud & Townsend
- Boundaries, Cloud & Townsend
- Little Visit with God, Johsman & Simon
- Lies Women Believe, Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Women Who Try Too Hard, Dr. Kevin Leman
- How People Grow, Cloud & Townsend
- Captivating, Eldredge
- The Hurried Child, David Elkind, Ph.D
- A Mind at a Time, Mel Levine, M.D.
- The Myth of Laziness, Mel Levine, M.D.
- The Worried Child, Paul Foxman, Ph.D.
- For Young Women Only (with workbook), Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice
- For Young Men Only (with workbook), Jeff Feldhahn and Eric Rice