Symptoms of impulsivity include:
- Difficulty delaying responses
- Blurting out answers before questions have been completed
- Difficulty awaiting one’s turn
- Frequently interrupting or intruding on others to the point of causing problems in social or work settings
- Initiating conversations at inappropriate times
Impulsivity may lead to accidents such as knocking over objects or banging into people. Children with ADHD may also engage in potentially dangerous activities without considering the consequences. For instance, they may climb to precarious positions.